Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Tuscaloosa during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at KDM Service Corporation will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call KDM Service Corporation at 205-208-8090 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.