Make your life less difficult—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures arrive. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service call from your KDM Service Corporation pro each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your AC, which can obstruct airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter months, be sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in serious repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your KDM Service Corporation service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the KDM Service Corporation team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.