As warmer weather begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Tuscaloosa? Even if your cooling system is newer or was cooling good last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your system inspected annually by a KDM Service Corporation technician can help locate little problems before they turn into huge meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause elevated energy use—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little troubles before they lead to major, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely look at parts and carry out a series of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate issues before they lead to major troubles that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is prepped to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your equipment is at risk for advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the ensuing areas and parts:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with KDM Service Corporation
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our KDM Service Corporation pros a ring at 205-208-8090 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.