When it’s frigid in Tuscaloosa you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may need a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like KDM Service Corporation.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and close off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at KDM Service Corporation will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.