Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Tuscaloosa summer, have the specialists at KDM Service Corporation perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call KDM Service Corporation today at 205-208-8090.