Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Tuscaloosa is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While KDM Service Corporation always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call KDM Service Corporation in Tuscaloosa at 205-208-8090 today.