You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at KDM Service Corporation have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the new temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your KDM Service Corporation technician is over for your annual furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 205-208-8090.